Brussel sprouts are not exactly my favourite food. In fact, it’s likely only been the last few years that I’ve cared for them at all! But since I’m a grown up now (I am right?) I try to be open to trying new things from time to time.
Now, brussel sprouts on their own can still take a flying leap, but every now and then, if you dress’em up just right, they actually end up pretty great.
They can be a bit time consuming to prepare, depending on how many you need, but since I’m usually just cooking for myself, it’s really not a big deal to prep them. I always just cut the tough bottom off, pull away any loose leaves, then cut them down the middle. You can leave them whole if you want, but cutting them into halves drastically reduces cooking time.
When cooking them, I prefer to let them get a bit of char on them as I think that flavour goes well with the brussel sprouts natural flavour.
I won’t get too long winded about this one. I mean, how exciting can I possibly make a brussel sprout sounds anyway? And I’m certainly not going to tell a story of some vague relevance just to make more words. So thats it…enjoy!
BBQ Garlic Parmesan Brussel Sprouts
- Brussel Sprouts
- 4 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1-2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1-2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1-2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- Bacon Bits (Optional)
- Cut tough end off of each brussel sprout and cut each whole piece in half.
- Pierce each half through the centre with a skewer. (Be careful, they’re a bit tough)
- In a separate bowl, pour in a few tablespoons of avocado oil and mix with a 1-2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- Place the skewers on the hot BBQ grill and brush with the oil & garlic. Rotate the skewers every couple minutes and brush with oil a few times throughout cooking. They should take between 10-15 minutes to cook.
- Once done, remove from skewers and splash with a touch of lemon juice and then sprinkle on the parmesan cheese and bacon bits. Salt & pepper to taste, and you’re good to go.