Back to ketogenic life

For real this time…again.

So, I’m back on the ketogenic life. I took a couple months off because I got a little tired of concentrating so much on every little thing I eat every day. It’s not just the thinking and planning that makes keto difficult, it’s the fact that so many meals require actual work to prepare. I know I can go to the usual fast food places and ditch the bun and get a salad instead of fries, but to be honest… I’m not crazy about the idea of only eating half of what I actually paid for. Secondly, and more importantly, it’s stuff that I know I can just make at home. I know how to cook a burger on the bbq, and I know how to make a salad to go with it. Wait…maybe keto isn’t quite as hard as I think it is.

So today is day 1. This time, though, I’ve enlisted some help to hopefully make this endeavour a little easier. I purchased a small tub of SD Pharmaceuticals Ketones + B6 & B12. Apparently taking ketones help by not only easing the transition into ketosis, but also allow you to not be quite so restrictive with your carbohydrate intake. I’m starting by allowing myself a whopping 40g of carbs per day. I’ll keep it at that amount for this first week and see how it goes. If I need to lower it next week, then so be it.

Keto Plus Intermittent Fasting…why not?

I decided to give myself an extra challenge this time. One that may end up being the added bunos that really pays off. I’m adding in Intermittent Fasting. While the thought of being hungry all morning isn’t overly pleasant, I’m trying to convince myself that it’s a bonus because I don’t actually need to think about food at all for the first half of my day. We’ll see how long I’l be able to keep that mindset though. I’m going to only allow eating within the hours of 12:00 pm and 8:00 pm each day, and I really hope thats enough for now because the idea of closing that window down to 6 hours scares me a little.

I started actively trying to lose weight at the start of 2018 and since then I’ve lost about 20lbs. I was down 25lbs, but since I’ve been slacking it’s crept back up a little bit. This morning I was 185lbs. Hopefully I’ll have good news to report as the weeks goes on. I’m not expecting much, but even tiny amounts are encouraging, and if I know anything about weight loss, I know it’s the small victories that keep the momentum going.

Let’s see how today went.

I woke up at 6:20 am as usual today. I immediately made coffee, dumped some in a travel mug, and threw the leash on Dex and headed out for our morning walk. When we got back I hopped on the spin bike for about 20 minutes, and followed that up with some push-ups and sit-ups. I do want to start putting in a full effort in the morning workouts, but it’s Monday… so cut me some slack.

At 8:00 am I felt the days first hunger pang but I ignored it, drank some water, and went on with my day. At 11:00, sitting at my desk at work, is when the real hunger set in. At this point I’d drank about 1 litre of water, so maybe thats not enough by that point in the day. For lunch I had a shawarma salad that was just so damn good! I finished out the rest of the day feeling pretty good, and was only just starting to become hungry again by about 4:30 when I was finishing work. For dinner I made stuffed bell peppers using Italian Turkey Sausage along with this crumbled veggie medley I grabbed at the Superstore on the weekend. I won’t both with a picture because they weren’t exactly the most visually appealing meal, but they tasted quite good, so maybe they’ll end up as a post on here in the future.

Now I’m going to hit the couch and watch the Toronto Maple Leafs hopefully lay a beating on the Calgary Flames. No Matthews though…ugh.